Monday, April 16, 2007

Carmela

Sunday, April 15, 2007 7:02 PM
Jonathan Kleier

Samantha, your thoughts on Carmela bring up interesting ideas. Carmela can hold her own, she even bitch slapped (metaphorically) Janice last week. Carmela is also very very loyal to the ideals of the mafia. I think she desperately does want grow independent (of course, the spec house) but she is yet to be successful, and I have a feeling Tony likes it that way.


In the end, I can see Carmela playing some role in Tony’s murder. What does she gain by keeping him around? With him dead, She gets all the money (though Tony I’m sure has lots hidden) and does she really love him anyway. I think as you said, she’s manipulative and plotting so maybe her seeming love is a manipulation.


Also, I think her witnessing Tony getting beat by Bobby is very important, and Tony knows it. Carmela, though she denied it, is attracted to Tony for 1 reason: he is an alpha male who has power and until last week, he was the toughest of 'em all. Evolutionary psychology, as far as I know. Now that Tony is weak, and he’s certainly not good looking, Carmela will be over him.


I will read Macbeth (though, as you said, cliffs notes). I really enjoy thes back and forth conversations. It makes the show so much more fun. It’s like our own book club. I’m gonna be paying more attention to Carmella.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

When ever I surf on web I never forget to visit this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here sopranostheory.blogspot.com. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Are you really serious about your weight?. Research shows that almost 50% of all USA adults are either obese or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am blogger of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.